Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Well, this is awesome.

A group of teenagers and pre-teens is suing the government, claiming that it is endangering future generations by putting business and profits before environmental protection.

I can't say I disagree.

To quote Alec Loorz, the teen who founded Kids vs. Global Warming:
I am 16 years old. This morning I filed a lawsuit against the United States of America, for allowing money to be more powerful than the survival of my generation, and for making decisions that threaten our right to a safe and healthy planet.
Alec has an entire guest post over at Good, which is worthwhile reading. I can't say that I think this stunt will work (I'm a cynic, but really, is a group of kids any match for the forces of  capitalism?), but I admire the effort.

Also, they seem to have engaged the services of a sweet graphic designer.


Best of luck, teenagers!  If this works out, I won't feel as conflicted about wanting to have kids while simultaneously believing that bringing new lives into the world is kind of irresponsible...

No comments:

Post a Comment