Thursday, April 7, 2011

Only eight months until 2012...

Call me a pessimist, but we might need to start preparing for the End Times like, now.* Just look at what has happened in the last day or so!

Another giant earthquake in Japan!

A pretty big earthquake in Mexico.

A less big earthquake in Arkansas.

Announcement of two Jersey Shore spin-off shows, featuring JWow/Snooki and DJ Pauly D.

Need I say any more?

On top of all this, I learned today that cats have been known to sleep with babies...on their faces...suffocating them. Evidently this is not news, however, as this New York Times article from 1909 attests:


Thank goodness I'm allergic to cats, is all I have to say about that (and we haven't even touched on toxoplasmosis!). Not that I have a baby, but still. If California gets hit by a giant earthquake, causing major societal collapse and disruption of the food supply, I'm going to recommend eating the cats first of all. We've got to save the babies!



Keep up with your earthquake sightings here.  And learn more about cats suffocating people, such as drunken college students, here.


*By preparing for the end times I mostly mean buying a gun and investing in some water filtration products. Don't want to get too crazy, now.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. I just tried to post a comment, but maybe I hit the 'preview' button instead as it didn't show up?

    Anyway. Like I said, I just received an email entitled 'your girl has a new blog!!' and thought to myself how glad I was that old Jessicool friends stick together.

    I'm a bit of a fatalist/pessimist too about the state of the world. If you didn't see this, it seems apropos for the blog.

    Good to be back.

    ReplyDelete