Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Great Carbon Emission Expedition of 2011

It's my last packing day before stuff needs to get moved, and I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to finish putting stuff in boxes while my car gets insanely expensive things done to it to prepare for my cross-country road trip of 2011, or as I should probably call it, the great carbon emission expedition of 2011. So the lack of dire end-of-the-world predictions must continue until I have more time.

In the meantime, look, here is a collage of me "graduating"!

The great hooding debacle of 2011 will be remembered forever.
In case you're wondering, I don't yet actually have my doctorate.  I still need to finish my dissertation. That's task #1 when I get to Boston. The deal is: no making friends until the first drafts of the final two chapters are done.  No fun until done!

4 comments:

  1. And seemingly engaged! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha, not engaged. That's my Dartmouth ring...it only fits on my left hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLOL. Such a fitting convo for this blog, I feel.

    ReplyDelete