Saturday, January 28, 2012

Long time no blog

Oh, hai. It's been a while since I blogged, huh? My bad! I've been home moping about this eventuality:

Big huge thank you to Jessie for sending me a link to this.

Okay, so not really...I've just been busy with work and life, and sick to boot.*

To make up for my absence, here are some links to interesting things that aren't at all on topic with the theme of this blog, but which I liked nonetheless:

1. Can someone be swallowed by a whale, alive? (SPOILER ALERT: Nope.)
2. How does Trader Joe's do what it does--whatever that is? Find out here. (SPOILER ALERT: The article does not address the uniformly abhorrent parking lots found connected to every Trader Joe's location. Note to journalists: I think the world is begging for an exposé of the TJ's parking lot planning process.)
3. Believe it or not, but there could be a secret to winning the lottery. (SPOILER ALERT: The dude who discovered this actually told the lottery people about it, so who knows if it'll still work.)
4. Twins, conjoined at the head, might have their minds connected via a thalamic bridge. (SPOILER ALERT: It's a really fascinating article.)

Now, I should probably work on my dissertation, na?



*In order, I've been convinced1 that I have meningitis, tuberculosis, strep throat, and consumption.2
Not really convinced, just mildly worried.
Probably I have none of those things. But who knows! The doctor sure doesn't; she says what I have is "probably a virus that is going around." To alleviate the symptoms, she prescribed Mucinex3 and cough syrup with codeine for the nighttime,4 neither of which are particularly helpful to me in ruling out any of my self-diagnoses.
Of course, now I can't stop thinking I have little green men inside my lungs. Also: I haven't actually taken any Mucinex yet, as I'm kind of scared what will happen. The doctor says I should anticipate "expectorating" a lot. That doesn't sound fun!5
This stuff is awesome.
Also, the Mucinex directions say adults should take "1 or 2 tablets," but provide no means of deciding whether 1 or 2 should be taken. Cue paralyzing indecision!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah. That was a crazy article in 4). I remember when it came out.

    ReplyDelete