Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A floss a day keeps the cancer away, apparently

A kind of bacteria commonly found in the mouth, which is often the culprit in gum disease, also spurs the formation of tumors in colon cancer, researchers report today.
Apparently, the mouth bacteria "stimulates tumors" by "by blocking the expression of a gene that inhibits tumor growth." Well isn't that just terrific.

I bet one way to minimize the damage of my mouth bacteria is flossing. I hate flossing. But I guess I hate cancer more. Get ready to bleed, gums!

4 comments:

  1. And what about your teeth grinding and night mouth guard? Have you been good about that stuff the past few years?

    Man, that goes back awhile, maybe even to the original blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on my second mouthguard; the first one wore out. I can't sleep without it!

    I even wear it on planes when I want to take a nap. I have no shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good to hear!

    I'm proud of you.

    With all that grinding and gnashing, you could almost be a pacu.

    ReplyDelete